Shrimp-Onion dishPosted: 18 October 2011
This is another exciting southern Iran speciality, provoking a lot of “home” memories. It is eaten with bread, which means it is usually prepared for supper, but no written rule about it. It is nutritious, delicious, gorgeous and very easy and fast to prepare.
- Ingredients (for 2-3): Defrosted or fresh half-cooked shrimp, 450 gr.
- Onion, 2, medium, thinly sliced.
- Potato, 1, medium, peeled, washed and cut is small cubes.
- Turmeric, 1 teespoon.,
- lime juice 2 tbsp. (or 1 tbsp. dried lime powder, limo amaani).
- Cooking oil, 2 tbsp.
- Slat and black powdered pepper to taste.
Method: Remove the entire shelf and devein the shrimp. Wash and drain them. In a frying pan, fry cubed potatoes in half of your oil until golden. Set aside.
Use the same pan and the rest of your oil to Sauté onion until golden. Add shrimp, turmeric and fry on high heat for a few minutes until shrimps change colour. Stir constantly. Then, add fried potatoes, salt and pepper and fry for 10 minutes on medium heat until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Add two tbsp. of water, cover the lid and simmer for 15 minutes. A few minutes before serving the dish, add the lime juice.