Loaf cake, with raisins and walnutsPosted: 22 May 2019
A classic loaf cake is by far my favorite type of cake nice for breakfast, afternoon tea and easy to bake. I realize there are so many varieties out there but this one – with raisins and walnuts – is an extremely good combination and my recipe here makes a light and fluffy cake. I have tried a gluten-free version of this cake by replacing the regular flour with Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all-purpose flour. The cake did not get as fluffy but everything else was just about perfect!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup raw cane sugar.
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. cup softened unsalted butter.
- 1 cup milk.
- 2 tsp baking powder (make sure the baking powder fresh – six months is the maximum shelf age)
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- I cup raisins & walnuts mix.
- 1 tbsp. ground pistachio for topping (optional).
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line your baking pan so it hangs from two sides.