Peach-Yogurt ice creamPosted: 5 September 2015
Before peach season is over, try this hearty and delicious dessert with fresh peach. I modified the original recipe a bit, and inspired by Iranian ice creams, also added dissolved saffron and silvered pistachio for topping. It turned tasty, pretty and fruity fresh!
Ingredients (serving 2)
- 2 cups peeled and diced peach, frozen half-solid. You could use store frozen peach as well.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons natural honey
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (2% fat or less)
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ tbsp. silvered pistachio
- Pinch of teaspoon saffron powder dissolved in 1 teaspoon warm water, then cooled.
Add the frozen peaches, maple syrup (or natural honey), yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Process for five minutes or until creamy.
Scoop the mixture into two bowls. Top each with few drops of saffron and some silvered pistachio. Serve immediately.