Shrimp, Thai with coconutPosted: 4 November 2012 Filed under: Shrimp, Thai with coconut, Uncategorized | Tags: food_photography, main_dish, shrimp, Thai_food Leave a comment
I recently learned and tried this bright, tasty and easy Thai recipe and I absolutely loved it. All you have to do is to purchase the ingredients, the preparation takes no time.
- Defrosted shrimp, half a kilo, peeled and deveined.
- Green onions, 4, chopped, white and green parts separated.
- Thai red curry paste, 1 tbsp.
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced.
- Sugar snap peas, 10-12, strings removed.
- Coconut milk, 1/2 cup.
- Fish sauce, 2 tbsp.
- Fresh cilantro, 1 tbsp. chopped.
- Vegetable oil, 1 tbsp.
Method: Heat the oil in a large frying pan over -high heat. Add the white parts of the green onion and red curry paste and fry for two minute. Add the garlic, shrimp, and peas, and continue frying for another 4 minutes. Add the coconut milk and fish sauce, and mix thoroughly. Simmer mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is firm. Remove from heat, and add the remaining green onion and the cilantro. Serve over brown or white rice.