Summer Dip with Zucchini, white beans and tahiniPosted: 7 August 2017
I found the recipe for this delicious and easy dip in PRAVA organic site and modified it slightly to my taste. You could do the same I am sure as long as you keep the main ingredients in: It is a vegetarian recipe and completely gluten and dairy free.
2 small zucchini (green or yellow), or one big zucchini if like me your vegetable garden yields some!
- 1/3 cup of tahini
- 1 cup of white beans
- 1/4 cup of virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice – or more to your tast
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt and black powder pepper to your taste.
- For the toppings: almonds, sesame seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and some herbs you like, such as mint, thyme, or parsley
Rinse the beans and cook in a small bowl with a pinch of salt until tender. Drain and let cool.
Cut the zucchini into slices (do not peel do not cook).
Put all the ingredients, including cooked beans, raw zucchini, tahini, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, turmeric and lemon juice into the bowl of a food processor and mix for 45 seconds, or until you get a smooth and homogeneous dip.
That’s it!! Just Pour the dip in to a bowl and garnish with the chopped nuts, seeds, and herb (s).
Serve with raw vegetables or chips as a hearty summer dip. Enjoy!